TIL: Interview Questions Worth Thinking About
Interview Questions Worth Considering
Today I stumbled across a job advert that had a section called The Chat. Here is the snippet of things they might ask you about during the interview.
- Language: Why? What do you like and dislike about it?
- Domain Modelling: What’s it good for?
- Databases - Querying and Transactions: what makes them challenging?
- API Design: What’s taken into consideration?
- Application Architecture: Microservices, monoliths, event-driven, app servers and serverless; when and why?
- Testing and Code Quality: Where and how does it add value?
- SCM: Branching and merging flows - how do you like them?
- Logging, Metrics, and Monitoring: What’s the difference?
- Error handling and Debugging: Describe your process and what’s got you stuck in the past?
- SDLC and CI/CD: Benefits and downfalls?
- Security: What does that mean to you?
I like this because I immediately get the sense that this company is thinking about these issues, and potentially looking to see how you could fit in.
Most importantly, I realised that some of these points where weak spots, or rather I would need to collect my thoughts to answer effectively. How much of what I know is based on previous training/conditioning versus good practices. There is no right or wrong but having a well thought out response to these questions is valuable - not just in an interview but at any time.
Keep up to date with my stuff
Subscribe to get new posts and retrospectives